Issued on: (25 April 2018).
Last updated: (25 April 2018).
OneUni Technology SDN. BHD. operates (1UNi.net). Hereafter referred to as its official name or (1UNi). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of the site or on forms, and other channels cited on this page.
OneUni Technology SDN. BHD. - and all of its subsidiaries including (1UNi.net) - complies with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA). The Personal Data Protection - Act 709. Act 2010 (PDPA) came into effect on the date (15 November 2013) in Malaysia, with the objective of protecting the personal data of people concerning commercial transactions.
For further information, you can check the official website of Department of Personal Data Protection - Malaysia: http://www.pdp.gov.my/
Act 709 link: http://www.pdp.gov.my/images/LAWS_OF_MALAYSIA_PDPA.pdf
Disclaimer for our purposes:
We use your personal information for providing and improving our services and the 1UNi website, and enhance your user experience on different aspects. By using (1UNi.net), you agree to the collection and use of information by this policy.
How we use the collected information:
1. To maintain the deliverance of our services efficiently for you and computer/used electronic device.
2. To provide users with information, products or services that you request from us, or which is matched by your interests/purposes, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
3. To solve any obligations that are raised between users and us, for more flexibility that is beneficial for all of us.
4. To maintain users’ satisfaction by using our customer service that deals with inquiries and complaints relating to the use of our services.
5. To produce general reports that may be offered without any financial transactions, or sold or published by us at our sole discretion provided that any data or reports will be anonymised and not refer to any individual user of the services.
6. For internal marketing and demographic studies to improve the products and services that we provide; and for security purposes.
We may also use your information to provide you with our email notifications, newsletters and other marketing communications that either you request from us or that you consent to by opting in when completing a registration form on the services.
Registered users, third-party registration, subscription, and followers fans:
1UNi can collect information from its users depends on their status/types, such as:
1. As a registered user on 1UNi website.
2. Registered users via third-party sites like social networks - e.g. facebook or google+ accounts.
3. Subscription to our email services, e.g. newsletter, announcements, and others.
4. Being a follower or a fan of one or more of our social networks channels.
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with specific personal identifying information that can be used to contact or identify you. This information may include but is not limited to: your name, email, telephone number, country of residence, or others.
As a user, you can submit the required information voluntarily.
Please note that we do not force any user to submit any of his/her personal information to us or any of our subsidiaries, employees, official team.
It is possible to browse our listed information regarding the topics of your interest, without submitting any information to us. On this condition: Please note in most cases; you will not be able to use our services with their full functionalities.
1UNi like many other websites collects information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site, which is usually called or referred to as (Log Data).
This log data may include information such as your computer's internet protocol address (IP), browser class or version, visited pages of our site, the time/date of your visit, the period spent on our website or those pages, and other statistics.
Also, we may use third-party services that collect, monitor and analyse any user behaviour or actions on our website. The primary aim of this collection is to improve users experience in many aspects.
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that is related to your interests or actions.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include a unique anonymous identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer or smartphone drive.
Like many sites, we use (cookies) to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
We may also gain access to personal information via our cooperation with different entities that have a similar interest in our specialised field – education consultancy. However, users will be informed of this cooperation by the entity, companies or educational institutes, 1UNi will inform the users when they are reached out by its representatives/team.
1UNi can also gain access to users` information by agents. Agents that are officially represented by 1UNi.
• The security of your Personal Information is critical to us, but it is known that there is no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we endeavour to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
• The information we gather is not sold, given to, or otherwise shared with other organisations for commercial or any other purposes. We do, however, send out emails on behalf of selected organisations to those of our subscribers who have opted in to receive these messages. We send the messages directly, so at no time do the advertisers get to see users’ personal information – unless of course users respond or reply to these advertisements or mailings themselves.
• 1UNi pledges to take all necessary acts to protect users` personal information, and not to share it with any other parties, unless these parties are trusted ones, and mainly cooperated with our company, with the aiming of improving user experience, or helping him/her achieve their purposes, that are related or matched with our primary mission; to develop educational needs and providing users with a suitable education context.
• 1UNi is not responsible for any information given by users, to other parties that are not represented by 1UNi website or OneUni Technology SDN. BHD.
• Our team will contact you only through our established contact channels - like 1UNi registered e-mails, e.g. xyz@1UNi.net.
• 1UNi pledges to not use any black-hat methods/illegal/unethical ways or tools for the collection or the usage of any personal information.
• We encourage you to contact us to report any fishy or fraud attempt. Please check the (Contact Us)
Choices for users` against obtaining their personal data:
• Any user can request at any time limiting or deleting his/her personal data from 1UNi services. However, this operation can be done instantly, or it can take time according to the process of the facilities that the information opted in. Please contact us directly for any request of this kind. Check the (Contact Us) section at the end of this page.
• You may opt out from receiving email marketing communications from us at any time by notifying us, by following the procedure to (unsubscribe) that is specified in the email that you receive.
By using 1UNi services or its own official site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our services/site. Your continued use following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.