QS Asia Ranking: 24.
Webometrics Ranking of World Universities: 411.
Country Ranking (Malaysia): 1.
Museum of Asian Art:
The Museum of Asian Art (Muzium Seni Asia) is located within University of Malaya, Malaysia’s first and oldest university. The outstanding education-oriented museum is a treasure trove of local and Asia art objects.
In March 2003, His Royal Highness Sultan Azlan Muhibuddin Shah, the Chancellor of the University of Malaya inaugurated the University of Malaya Symphony Orchestra (UMSO), breathing life into an artistic first for higher learning institutions in Malaysia.
Rimba Ilmu is an 80-hectare botanic garden located within the University of Malaya, campus. The words Rimba and Ilmu are of the Malaysian language that literally means Forest of Knowledge.
The seven hectares that make up UM’s Experimental Farm offer facilities for research by staff, post-graduate and undergraduate students in various branches of animal and plant science and a range of other biological science disciplines.
Field Studies Centre:
The University of Malaya Field Studies Centre of the Ulu Gombak Biodiversity Centre, sited on 120-hectares of secondary and primary forest is a veritable fount of biological & ecological knowledge, with the area’s fauna and flora extensively studied and documented throughout the site’s 40-year history.
UM Living Lab:
The starting point for research conducted at the Living Lab is the natural environment. The Living Lab engages in joint research with national and international scientists within a range of sustainability-related areas.We view sustainability in a holistic fashion, considering environment, humanity and economy as the three primary variables to be taken into account as we work toward a more sustainable future for Malaysia and the world.
Museum of Zoology:
The Museum of Zoology is home to a precious collection of insects (50,000 insects), 150 mammals (144 species), 600 birds (261 species), 445 reptile specimens (186 species), and 2,000 specimens (mostly freshwater species)
As a top ranking university in Malaysia, UM has made great strides in institutionalising not only excellent academic programmes but also university-community engagement projects. These community projects must address local community needs and societal problems leveraging on technology developed through research and expertise within the campus community for possible solutions.
The following facilities & services are presented via the University of Malaya:
Financial and Banking Services
UM Cooperative Bookshop Ltd
Food Court & Catering Services
Transportation & Travel
FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND ACCOUNTANCY
FACULTY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
FACULTY OF ECONOMICS & ADMINISTRATION
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
FACULTY OF LANGUAGES AND LINGUISTICS
FACULTY OF LAW
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
FACULTY OF BUILT ENVIRONMENT
1. Diploma in Human Resource Management - UM/SWA(D)/01
2. Diploma in Management - UM/SWA(D)/02
3. Diploma in Business Management - UM/SWA(D)/03
4. Diploma in Sport Management (Golf) - UM/SWA(D)/04
5. Diploma in Accounting - UM/SWA(D)/05
1. Executive Diploma in Management (Administration and Operations) - UM/SWA(DE)/01
2. Executive Diploma in Management (Human Resource) - UM/SWA(DE)/02
3. Executive Diploma in Management (Business) - UM/SWA(DE)/03
4. Executive Diploma in Early Childhood Education - UM/SWA(DE)/04
5. Executive Diploma in Counselling - UM/SWA(DE)/05
6. Executive Diploma in Accounting Administration - UM/SWA(DE)/06
7. Executive Diploma in Information Technology - UM/SWA(DE)/07
8. Executive Diploma in Investigative Science - UM/SWA(DE)/08
9. Executive Diploma in Banking and Islamic Finance - UM/SWA(DE)/09
10. Executive Diploma in Manufacturing Technology Management - UM/SWA(DE)/10
1. Bachelor of Science (Material Science) - UM/SWA(ID)/01
2. Bachelor of Islamic Education and Science - UM/SWA(ID)/02
3. Bachelor of Islamic Education and Information Technology - UM/SWA(ID)/03
4. Bachelor of Finance - UM/SWA(ID)/04
1.Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration - UM/SWA(IT)/01
1.Master of Facilities and Maintenance Management - UM/SWA(IT)/02
2. Master of Community Oral Health - UM/SWA(IT)/03
3. Master of Educational Leadership - UM/SWA(IT)/04
4. Master of Sports Science - UM/SWA(IT)/05
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD):
1. Doctor of Dental Public Health - UM/SWA(IT)/06
The Academy of Islamic Studies, University of Malaya, as it exists today is the result of a merger between the Department of Islamic Studies and the Academy of Islam. Prior to this merging, both were independent institutions within the University of Malaya.
ACADEMY OF MALAY STUDIES
Academy of Malay Studies was established in 1990. Departments Graduation is Department of Malay Language, Department of Socio-Cultural Malay, Department of Malay Linguistics, Department of Malay Literature and Department of Malay Language.
The Department of Research and Development Division include research, documentation and publications.
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP
INSTITUTE OF CHINA STUDIES
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC POLICY & MANAGEMENT (INPUMA)
CENTRE FOR FOUNDATION STUDIES
CENTRE FOR CIVILISATIONAL DIALOGUE
ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
CENTRE FOR INITIATION OF TALENT AND INDUSTRIAL TRAINING (CITra)
University of Malaya also offer Postgraduate programmes by research leading to MSc and PhD degrees. The research programmes encompass various areas of pharmaceutical sciences, including medicinal chem...
The programme is recognised by other international professional accounting bodies. BAcc graduates from UM may get maximum exemptions from the following bodies: • MICPA The Malaysian Institute of Cert...
At the end of the program, graduates with B.Sc. in Actuarial Science are able to: • Explain the principles and concepts of actuarial science, finance, statistics and mathematics. • Apply actuarial sci...
Media Studies entails the in-depth view on the world of mass communication, with emphasis on media content and structure, society and culture. Established in 1976, the Department was first known as th...