BA (Hons) Mass Communication UCSI University
No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading, UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur MalaysiaDegree
RM 17700 / Year
This degree programme offers students an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of Mass Communication in today’s fast changing world. It synthesizes theories, research, practical and intellectual discourses on critical issues in order to develop and instill within students the potential to achieve performance and inculcate leadership qualities in the field of Mass Communication.
- Media Studies
Mode of Study
How you are assessed?
Coursework percentage: 60% and written examination percentage: 40%.
- STPM / A-Level: Minimum 2 principals - (credits are required for English at SPM/O-Level)
- UEC: Minimum 5 credits
- International Baccalaureate: Minimum score of 26/42 points from 6 subjects
- National Matriculation: Minimum CGPA of 2.0 - (credits are required for English at SPM/O-Level)
- Australian Year 12: Minimum overall average of 60% in 5 subjects, or Minimum ATAR score of 65
- Canadian Pre-U: Minimum average of 60% in 6 subjects
- Other qualifications deemed equivalent to STPM/A-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency: Minimum overall average of 60%
- UCSI Foundation in Arts: Completed (minimum CGPA 2.0/4.0) - (credits are required for English at SPM/O-Level)
- Diploma or equivalent: Completed (minimum CGPA 2.0/4.0) - (credits are required for English at SPM/O-Level)
- Diploma in Media & Communication or equivalent: Completed (minimum CGPA 2.0/4.0)
Note (Source: Surat Pekeliling MQA Bil 2/2016):
The terms of credit in English at SPM level for the candidate with STPM, STAM, Diploma and Matriculation/Foundation qualification can be exempted if the candidate obtained English and its achievement is equivalent or higher than the required credit of English at the SPM level.
Foundation in Arts:
- SPM/ O-Level: Minimum 5 credits including credit in English
- UEC: Minimum 3 credits
- Other qualifications deemed equivalent to STPM/A-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency: Minimum overall average of 50%
- Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency: Minimum overall average of 60%
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level; or MUET Band 5; or a score of 196 (computer-based) / 525 (writing-based) / 69-70 (internet-based) in TOEFL; or Band 5.5 in IELTS.
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to decide on applicants whose academic results are borderline to the entry requirements.
- SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
- O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
- UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
- STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
- 'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Broadcasting, film, media, advertising, public relations / corporate communications, journalism, event management and photojournalism.
PriceOther charges may be applied
|RM 53100||RM 57900|