QS Asia Ranking: 251-260.
Webometrics Ranking of World Universities: 1894.
Country Ranking (Malaysia): 15.
The academic faculties/centres of UTAR are located in various campuses in Selangor and Perak states.
- UTAR Kampar Campus
Flanked by picturesque mountains, dotted with scenic lakes and located within a growing township, Kampar Campus offers a conducive and serene learning environment. This Campus features modern educational facilities and provides students with access to some of the latest learning technologies and research innovations. In addition, the Campus has facilities for sports such as football, basketball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis and a gymnasium. The spacious campus grounds are also ideal for jogging and cycling.
- UTAR Sungai Long Campus
On 1 June 2015, UTAR relocated its campuses and offices from Setapak, Kuala Lumpur and Section 13 Petaling Jaya to its own campus in Sungai Long in a move to consolidate and strengthen the University’s presence in the Klang Valley. This move to Sungai Long was one of the most defining moments in UTAR’s history as the University continues its next decade of excellence in education.
- Nine faculties, three institutes and three centres
- 29 Research Centres
- UTAR Global Research Network
- More than 200 memoranda with industry partners and universities from 26 countries
- Seven Endowed Chairs/Professorships
- International students from more than 40 economies
- 97% graduate employability rate within six months of graduation
- More than 90 external examiners from 12 economies
- More than 100 industry advisors
- More than 2,000 academic and administrative staff
- Close to 70 student clubs and societies
- ISO 9001 certified and MSC status
- More than 260,000 volumes of publications and numerous online resources
- Won the 2013 PAM Malaysia (Malaysian Institute of Architects) Gold Award (Education Category) for architectural excellence for UTAR Kampar Campus
- Awarded Tier-5 (Excellent) status in 2011 and 2013 Rating System for Malaysia Higher Education Institution (SETARA'11 and SETARA ‘13), Tier-5 Excellent in Discipline-Based Rating System (D-SETARA) for Engineering, and Tier-4 (Very Good) in D-SETARA for Health Sciences.
- Rated as the top three Malaysian universities for number of citations per paper in 2015 as released by QS Quacquarelli Symonds’ Intelligence Unit and announced in 2016
- Awarded self-accreditation status by MQA in 2017
- Ranked #111-120 by The Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Rankings 2017
- Ranked #101-150 by the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2017
- Ranked =14 by the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2017: Millennial Universities
- Ranked 501-600 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 Top 1,000 list
- Awarded the CSR Category in the Sin Chew Business Excellence Award 2017
- Implemented the UTAR 10-Year Strategic Plan (2013-2022)
Online Research Portal
Visitors can check the Applying guide on the official website`s page.
For information about the eligibilty, fees, and requirements; you can chek this link.
Part-Time Degree programmes are also conducted on weekends and CEE offers Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons), Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Chinese Studies, Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) Accounting, Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons), Bachelor of Science (Hons) Construction Management and Bachelor of Chinese Medicine (Hons). These programmes can be completed within the maximum duration of seven and a half years.
CEE conducts various innovative, professional and personal development programmes which help participants develop their knowledge and skills. Public Training programmes such as Project Management, Mind Mapping, Writing for the Media, Writing Creatively, Mandarin for Business and Emotional Excellence will enhance participants' management, communication, creativity and interpersonal skills.
CEE also conducts Corporate Training programmes which are customised according to the clients' requirements. All CEE Corporate Training and Public Training programmes are HRDF claimable.
To facilitate mobility in today's globalised society CEE offers various foreign language courses such as Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, Spanish, German, French, and Thai, including English programmes. For those interested in personal enrichment and lifelong learning, CEE offers a variety of short courses such as Chinese Brush Painting, Chinese Calligraphy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, 3-D Clay Handicraft, Golf, and Yoga.
CEE's Non-Graduating Modular Programmes offer individuals a flexible approach in developing their knowledge and skills. You can choose to learn one or more modules from any of UTAR Undergraduate Degree or Master's programmes such as Technical Drawing & CADD, Design Studio, Corporate Governance, Human Resource Management, and many more."
Complimentary talks by successful entrepreneurs, industry practitioners, academics and experts in their respective fields are presented to the public throughout the year.
- Must be a Malaysian citizen
- Family and personal income and commitments
- Scholastic ability and academic performance
- Character and involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Has obtained admission to Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman
- Pursuing full-time of foundation or degree programmes
- UTAR Scholarships for Top Achievers (Full or half tuition fee scholarships for foundation and undergraduate programmes)
- UTAR Sport & Talent Scholarship
- UTAR - ACCA Scholarship (RM5,000 to UTAR Accounting graduates who are enrolled in the ACCA)
- Datuk Sim Mow Yu - UTAR Scholarships Fund (especially for Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Chinese Studies)
- Tan Sri (Dr.) Lim Goh Tong - UTAR Scholarship Fund
- UTAR - Sin Chew Daily Education Fund
- UTAR - The Star Education Fund
- UTAR - Nanyang Education Scholarship
- UTAR - UEC Scholarship
More Informartion can be found via the online page of UTAR Education Foundation Scholarships/Loans.
The Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) is a prestigious accounting degree that is recognized by the Malaysia Institute of Accountants (MIA). With 3 years of relevant working experience after graduation, a ...
In this context, students of this programme will be made aware of the laws pertaining to content development, copyright and intellectual property rights. This will ensure the graduates are aware of th...
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English Education programme will prepare students with high proficiency in the teaching of the English language as a second language. It covers all the areas of English tea...
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English Language is designed to train students to be highly proficient in the English language. Students will be able to command the English language professionally as well...