QS Asia Ranking: 243.
Webometrics Ranking of World Universities: 1470.
Country Ranking (Malaysia): 8.
- Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Department of Electrical Power Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Software Engineering
- Department of Information Systems
- Department of Systems & Networking
- Department of Graphics & Multimedia
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Management and Human Resource
- Department of Finance and Economics
- Department of Marketing and Entrepreneur Development
- Department of Entrepreneurship and Venture Management
- Department of Science & Mathematics
- Department of Language & Social Sciences
- Department of Business & Social Sciences
- Department of Accounting & Finance
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Direct entry to undergraduate honours programmes with a good Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent qualifications such as British General certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary-Level, the International Baccalaureate, etc. Students with higher qualifications may obtain credit transfer for some of the academic programmes.
- High-quality and innovative programmes that are accredited.
- Qualified and experienced academic staff.
- Reasonable and affordable fees.
- Ultra-modern campus with excellent educational and recreational facilities.
- Comfortable and quality accommodation.
- Convenient and strategic location.
- Conducive, safe and friendly environment.
- Direct entry to the preferred major from the very first year.
- Practical Training in Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) Group of companies if possible.
- Main campus is strategically located in the Klang Valley close to Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya, Putrajaya, Cyberjaya and Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
- The Uniten Library
- The Recreational and Sports Section:
At Muadzam Shah, medical treatment can be obtained at the nearby Muadzam Shah Hospital.
- On-campus student apartments are available for over 3,800 students, including a small number of units for married students. The apartments provided are comfortable with well-equipped facilities such as lounges and kitchenettes for each apartment.
- Bedrooms are either single or double and each apartment can accommodate four(4) students. The ambience in the student apartment helps build camaraderie and encourage friendship among students of diverse racial and religious backgrounds.
- Good quality off-campus accommodation at reasonable rates are also available. Universiti Tenaga Nasional makes an effort to accommodate all students on campus for at least one year.
- The campus has an ExecutiveEducation Centre which provides hotel-standard accommodation, equipped with up-to-date facilities for graduate students, conferenceand seminar participants, visiting academicians and visitors, as well as their accompanying family members.
- Single Bedroom - 4 person per apartment
- Single Bedroom - 6 person per apartment
- Twin sharing - 4 person per apartment
- Apartment for married students - Two-bedroom apartment with living and dining area, kitchenette, bathroom, laundry area. Additional Furniture & Fittings
- room inventory: single bed, mattress, side table, wardrobe, noticeboard, a ceiling fan and lamp;
- kitchen inventory: kitchen cabinet, dining table & chairs, and a rubbish bin;
- all rooms and hall are furnished with curtains;
- the warden of the student units makes sure that, amongst other things, any damages will be repaired immediately;
- hall area : study table & chairs, study lamp and Internet/computer port.
Residents have access to a range of recreational and academic facilities. The Resident Counsellors, Senior Residents and residential staff are availableto assist and advise students during semester periods and each college conducts its own social and cultural programme.
- UNITEN computing facility:
- Shuttle Bus Services:
- Institute of Sustainable Energy (ISE)
- Institute of Power Engineering (IPE)
- Institute of Energy Policy & Research (IEPRe)
- Centre for Advanced Materials (CAM)
- Centre for Advanced Mechantronics and Robotics (CAMaRo)
- Centre for Automation & Embedded Computing System (CAECS)
- Centre for Communication Service Convergence Technologies (CCSCT)
- Centre for Electric Transportation and Systems (CETS)
- Centre for Engineering Education (CEE)
- Centre for Forensic Engineering (CeFE)
- Centre for Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Centre for Information and Network Security (COINS)
- Centre for Information Management Governance and Audit (CIGMA)
- Centre for Innovation and Design (C4ID)
- Centre for Micro & Nano Engineering (CMNE)
- Centre for Nuclear Energy (CNE)
- Centre for Occupational, Environmental and Safety Engineering (COESE)
- Centre for Photonic Technologies (CPT)
- Centre for Clean Water & Clean Energy (CWCE)
- Centre for Power System Research (CPSR)
- Centre for RF Microwave Engineering (CRFME)
- Centre for Signal Processing and Control Systems (CSPaCS)
- Centre for Smart Grid Technology (CSGT)
- Centre for Software Innovation (CSI)
- Centre for Sustainable Technology and Environment (CSTEN)
- Centre for Systems and Machines Intelligence (CSMI)
- Centre of Agent Technology (CAT)
- The Center is providing exceptional research support for UNITEN researchers, which encourage a continuous and rich research experience.
- The center offers research grants, both external and internal types.
- The establishment of UNITEN R & D Sdn. Bhd. (URND) is a jump-start UNITEN’s capability in assisting industries in research areas that UNITEN has identified as the forte as well as those having high impact to shove both parties towards achieving their goals and competited in economic globalization. URND looking to explore in niche areas of Energy related research which are Sustainable Clean Energy, Power & Energy Services Convergance, Energy Social Sustainablity, Energy Infrustructure and Information & Communication Technology. There are three Centres of Excellence and more than 30 Research Centres under UNITEN/URND leads by lecturers’ expert in their own areas.
- UNITEN R & D Sdn. Bhd. (URND) was incorporated on 18th November 2008 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universiti Tenaga Nasional. The company has been approved as a Research and Development Status Company from Malaysian Government under Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA) which is recognised as a research entity approved under Section 34B, of the Income Tax Act, 1967. The company has registered as Consultancy Company under Ministry of Finance (MOF). The main objective of the company is to provide a platform for research and development activities involving academics and industries to harness the next generation technologies to catalyse dynamic, relevant, excellent and productive research in the country and also as a platform for companies to contribute in research and activities whilst benefiting tax deduction incentives from the Authorities.
- The Business Development Department (BDD) of Universiti Tenaga Nasional has been established as a vehicle for offering and managing professional services to create a long-term value for the university from its customers, markets, and relationships with the local and global community.
- As a catalyst and champion for a range of knowledge exchange opportunities, the Business Development team within the departments proactively engage with external organizations to identify opportunities for new business collaborations and networks. The team work closely with colleagues across the University to provide support and advice on projects involving third parties and welcome the opportunity to discuss project ideas and potential collaboration. With its vast of more than 20 year experience and growing collection of knowledge, our team is dedicated to offer a wide-range of business and development solutions within the niche areas of power engineering, engineering design, professional development and leadership training series, language and communications, preparatory program for overseas university, Board of Engineers Malaysia(BEM) top-up program, business management, occupational safety and health assessment, energy policy and workforce well-being.
- It sets up and managing strategic relationships and alliances with third-party organizations. In these instances the department team might leverage each other's expertise, technologies or other intellectual property to expand their capacities for identifying, researching, analyzing and bringing to market new businesses and new products. The department team focuses on implementation of the strategic business plan through the establishment of strategic partnerships with their clients
For International Applicants, there are two levels of Academic Qualifications that will be considered:
- International Entry Qualifications by Country according to INTERNATIONAL QUALIFICATION FROM MQA, if your institution is not listed in the list please fill in this form to check your equivalency EQUIVALENCY FORM MQA
- UNITEN University Entry Requirements by programme
All Undergraduate and Postgraduate programme Application is COMPULSORY to have English Requirements to be registered as UNITEN student:
- IELTS & TOEFLENGLISH REQUIREMENT.pdf or;
- Cambridge English (Advance CAE) or;
- Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE) or;
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic or;
- Applicant from countries using English as an official medium of communication or;
- Applicant from an academic institution using English as a medium of instruction.
The Unit liaises students with sponsors or any other scholarship providing institutions, assisting students in loans/sponsorships application documents and other related matters.
One of the government’s most issued loans is the PTPTN, which allows Malaysian students from all walks of life to fund their education.
For any inquiries and further details on any matters pertaining loan and scholarships,; you can refer to UNITEN officers through emails, phone or visit us at Counter 2, UNITEN Customer Centre.
Scholarships & Financial AID:
- INDUS EDUCATION FOUNDATION - (Top-up Loan)
- Maxis What’s Next Scholarship (New intake) - Closing date : 31st December
- Pinjaman Pendidikan PERKESO 2017 - Open all year long
- PTPTN Education Loan - Application Period : 1 - 31 October
- Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1 Malaysia [SPP1M] - Open All Year Long
Ms. Nurul Syaziyah Bt. Mat Yatim
Head, Sponsorship Unit
Office Tel.: 03-89287408
Ms. Nurul Fatimah bt. A. Rahman
Admin. Assistant, Sponsorship Unit
Office Tel.: 03- 89287407
Mr. Rashid Bin Ka'., AMP
Head of Unit (Sponsorship & Insurance),
Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Campus (Pahang)
Office Tel.: 09-4552020 Ext 2121
Ms. Arianti Binti Abu Dayan
Admin. Assistant (Sponsorship & Insurance),
Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Campus (Pahang)
Office Tel.: 09-4552020 Ext 3224
This programme is specifically designed to prepare students with strong knowledge in accounting field before they get into the real world of accounting professions or pursue their studies to obtain a ...
The programme structures are designed so as to match the requirements from the industry. As such, the students are embedded with the relevant knowledge, skills and competencies for the job market. Ou...
Laboratory works which include electrical measurement techniques, application of non-linear devices, digital logic design, electrical machines, microprocessor, signal processing, computer networks and...
The degree offers an exciting mix of business and management subjects, plus the study of a language, compulsory for the first year and optional thereafter. With an extra language with the mixture of m...