QS Asia Ranking: N/A.
Webometrics Ranking of World Universities: N/A.
Country Ranking (Malaysia): N/A.
Sheffield is located within the Maya Hotel complex, across the road from the famous KLCC Twin Towers. Students enjoy studying with us because it is easy to communte with both the Light Rail Transit (LRT) and Monorail being less than 5 minutes away by foot. With prime access to some of the country’s best shopping, restaurants and bistros and activities, students will be spoilt for choice. The hussle and bussle of this area makes it number #1 location for international students.
Studying in Malaysia
A major advantage for international students when choosing to study in Malaysia is the relatively affordable cost of living. While your actual cost of living will depend on the location of your personal lifestyle, students will be pleased to know that KL has been ranked one of the least expensive cities in the world for living. For most students, a monthly budget of RM1,200 will provide them with a rather comfortable living in Malaysia.
An average international student should be prepared to spend about RM1,000 to RM1,500 per month for living expenses. Cost of some of the itmes is provided below:
You should estimate about RM350 to RM2500 for your accommodation per month depending on the geographical area, the type of accommodation (living in an apartment, condominium, single-story house, double-storey house etc.). The facilities provided in the house (e.g. with or without air-conditioning) and of course, the number of people sharing the room (or the apartment/house).
Food / Housekeeping
Your food and housekeeping expense is estimated to be around RM400 to RM750. This is based on about RM12 to RM55 for three meals per day.
Students who stay on campus or near campus may not incur any cost of travelling to and from classes. However, other travelling may cost approximately RM30 to RM150 per month.
Phone Bills and Utilities
The mobile phone packages in Malaysia are very competitive. How much you spend will depend on your usage and the promotional package you choose. The average student may spend about RM30 to RM80 per month.
It is important to remember that the above estimate is only a guide in planning your budget to study in Malaysia. Individual expenses will vary according upon the location, course enrolled and your personal lifestyle.
We strongly believe that quality education enriches lives and are committed to providing access to high quality education to all. We also believe that quality education does not necessarily have to be expensive. Education should be accessible not only the way it is delivered but should be generally affordable.
The Academy`s fees are competitive and course offerings is flexible and has been designed to suit most pockets. Students studying the hospitality qualifications can also earn a stipend when undertaking the work integrated style of learning. Sheffield`s Integrated learning approach is unique in its own way and is very popular amongst students. Please contact our Admissions Counsellors to find out more.
LONGEST CLASS HOURS
- At Sheffield all our programs are based on an “intensive learning” model. They offer classes upto 27 hours a week which is the longest any quality institutions offer in Malaysia.
- Students gain more from attending both the teacher-led classes in the morning and the interactive classes in the afternoon, allowing students the opportunity to increase their English proficiency level much quicker.
- The classes are run for 6 hours daily, with a 3 hour morning and afternoon session. Our class timings are as follows-
- Morning Session- 10am to 1pm
- Afternoon Session- 2pm to 5pm
- (There is a 1 hr lunch break between the two sessions)
- Students have a choice to attend 6 hrs per day or 3 hrs per day classes. You must talk to our friendly Admissions Counsellors to get more details.
Please contact 1Uni for the information pack.
Also, you may contact the staff for further information that you may still require at email@example.com
If you are applying for a student visa, we assure you that we provide the most efficient and fast visa processing turnaround time.
Stage 1- Visa Application
When accepting the offer to study at Sheffield please submit the following documents:
- Student Application Form
- 1 scanned colour copy of student’s passport (ALL Pages including the blank pages). Passport must be valid at least 18 months from the expected date of entry. It must NOT contain information of any dependent(s) / family members.
- A copy of student's passport-sized photographs (light blue background)
- 1 copy of academic certificates (original and translated where applicable and must be certified True Copies)
- Medical Screening Test in EMGS form
- Application Fee/ Deposit
On receiving of the above documents Sheffield will file your student visa application with the Immigration Department. You can check on the process of your application by visiting EMGS website
Stage 2- Approval process & Single Entry Visa
- When your visa is approved, Sheffield will receive the “Visa Approval Letter” from the Malaysian Immigration Department, an e-mail containing the attached letter will be sent. Hard copy of the letter is provided upon request.
- Please take the “Visa Approval Letter” together with the offer letter and your passport to the nearest Malaysian Embassy to apply for a Single Entry Visa (SEV). You will not be able to process your visa endorsement without a Single Entry Visa (SEV).
- Once you arrive in Malaysia, you are required to hand over your passport to our visa department. We will then apply to the Malaysian Immigration Department to place the student visa sticker on the passport for a multi entry visa.
- Students who choose the premium accommodation will reside in a 5 star condominium located opposite our campus (walking distance across the street).
- You will have access to facilities such as well equipped gymnasium, cafeteria, swimming pool, laundrette, convenience stores and a 24-hour security coverage. Students can choose to occupy rooms on single or twin sharing basis and have access to kitchen facilities and common area. Each apartment has 4 bedrooms with separate bathroom/toilet facilities for each room and comes with a large living room and well equipped kitchen.
- The accommodation is a 2 minute walk to KLCC Twin Towers and Suria Shopping Mall making all amenities available to students at all times conveniently. This is one of the best locations in Kuala Lumpur.
Sheffield provides Elite accommodation in the form of fully furnished apartments which are also very conveniently located approximately 10 minutes away by LRT or Monorail. Elite accommodation is more affordable and also comes with all the facilities such as gymnasium and swimming pool apart from other amenities close by.
How much will it cost?
- Rooms are let out on a single or shared basis to students and prices vary depending on room size and facilities.
- Premium accommodation have rooms for single occupancy ranging from RM1350 to RM2500 per month whereas twin sharing rooms are available for RM1250 per month. The Elite accommodation have rooms available from RM1150 for single occupancy to triple sharing for RM350.
- For booking our accommodation, students are required to pay:
- Two and a half months rental as security and utilities deposit (refundable on the last day)
- RM100 deposit for one set of access card and key (refundable on the last day)
For more detailed information on the prices please refer your enquiry to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The main office is located in the Golden Triangle opposite Petronas Twin Towers in the precinct of a 5 Star Hotel. The campuses in Malaysia and Australia are fully equipped to suit the needs of the new generation of students.
Please enquire from our friendly Admissions Counsellors for Studying in Malaysia and Australia. Sheffield currently has various programs under which you can study in botht he countries-
4 Weeks in Malaysia + 4 Weeks in Australia (Packaged Course for English Language)
8 Weeks in Malaysia + 8 Weeks in Australia (Packaged Course for English Language)
12 Weeks in Malaysia + 12 Weeks in Australia (Packaged COurse for English Language)
Students who are studying with us in Malaysia, can also opt for a 2 weeks English Language Enrichment program in Australia.
1-WORLD STUDY PROGRAM
Sheffield Education Group offers 1-World Study Program for most of our courses. Students stands to get an enriched experience, which is globally relevant. They will gain skills preparing them to be resourceful, proactive leaders in their fields to fulfill global industry needs. The 1-World Study Program incorporates a mix of the following:
- Globally Relevant Employability Skills
- Overseas Study and/or Work Experience
- Meet the Business leaders from across the world
- Industry Visits
- Excellent Networking Opportunities
- Principle of “Thinking Globally and Acting Locally”
The Sheffield Academy Placement Assessment Test has been designed to help you decide which of the seven levels of English at this center is the most appropriate for you.
Please follow the procedures on this LINK.
Topics covered in the course include- • Building Relationships and Networking • Business Ethics and practices • Customer Service • Effective Email Writing • Job Satisfaction and personal development •...
You may opt to get DUAL Qualifications Accredited by the Australian Government and conferred by Sheffield College Australia. You are assured of quality and international recognition by choosing to opt...
Levels are designed to accommodate a range of students from those who have no English language knowledge to students that have basic, moderate, or advanced knowledge. Each student will be given a plac...
We are proud to offer a “Truly Work Integrated Learning” that is exclusively available with Sheffield. Students should generally expect to be paid a stipend during their work placement in the industry...
We have sub-divided each level into 2 stages to provide fine-tuned induction to the course that suits just right for you. We teach you in the first session and then fine-tune your individual skills in...