Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Marine Science & Technology) International Islamic University Malaysia - IIUM
Jalan Gombak, 53100 Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Malaysia Selangor MalaysiaDegree
RM 3200 / Year
The Department of Marine Science aims to provide foundation to the students to basic understanding of marine sciences, expose them to technology and advancement made in the field and introduce critical thinking to discuss current issues and manage the marine environment. Furthermore, the programme has minor in Islamic Revealed Knowledge in addition to the core Marine subjects. This will generate competent and skill marine scientist who will contribute to nation-building and be the pride of Muslim Ummah. The Department of Marine will have her first intake of undergraduate students on September 2014. The programme constitute of 4 years study plan and offers three concentrations viz. • integrated coastal zone management, • aquaculture and sea farming, and • fisheries and postharvest technology . During the third year the students will have the opportunity to choose one of these concentrations. Graduated Marine Science students will serve the government and non-government agencies such as the Fisheries Department, Maritime Enforcement, Ministry of Science and Technology, researchers in universities, private companies or related agencies, Academia, navy services, Consultancy Company etc.
- Marine Sciences
Mode of Study
How you are assessed?
- A pass at the GCE level with credits in
- Any other equivalent qualification recognized by the government of Malaysia and approved by the Senate of the University.
- Pass in the English Placement Test (EPT) conducted by IIUM or has evidence of IELTS or TOEFL qualification:
- Undergraduate: (English Medium): Average Band 6.0 - 550 paper-based - 213 computer-based
- Undergraduate: (Arabic Medium): Average Band 5.5 - 525 paper-based - 196 computer-based
- Other admission requirement:
PriceOther charges may be applied
|RM 12800||RM 56500|