Elicos is an English as a second language school from Australia and is the first to operate outside the country. Their courses are designed to give students the confidence to communicate effectively in real-life situations.
Elicos has been developed to allow non-native English speakers (ESL) to enhance their English for their work, travel or study. The courses provide a balanced programme, focusing on the skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, while covering essential grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, idioms and colloquial language.
QS Asia Ranking: N/A.
Webometrics Ranking of World Universities: N/A.
Country Ranking (Malaysia): N/A.
“We are like a big family, and student satisfaction is our number one priority.”
Bret Blackmore, General Manager
- Elicos has a large team of well-qualified teachers and they are committed to helping you achieve your language learning goals.
- Elicos tend to help you communicate effectively in real life situations.
- All of the full-time courses focus on speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary.
- To help you make the right academic choices for your future
- Develop English Language skills and build your confidence and improve your English proficiency.
- To help you enjoy your stay and explore Kuala Lumpur and the rest of Malaysia and to make sure your experience at ELICOS is a memorable one
- If you do not progress as quickly as you should, we are here to help. Outside of
- the classroom, we offer free academic consultation, guided self-study and hands-on learning support.
- Elicos in return asks that you attend all classes and complete the homework set by your teachers.
Elicos Monitor learning progress
- Entrance and exit tests
- Weekly progress tests
- Regular tutorials with your teacher
- Monthly Exams
FULL LIST ENGLISH COURSE:
- IELTS Preparation
- Writing Club
- Business and Professional English
- Young Learners
- The minimum age requirement for students is 16- year-old, but they occasionally accept 15-year-olds as part of a group with a group leader.
- The average class size is 8, with a maximum of 15.
- Students start preparing for the IELTS from the pre-intermediate level to ensure success.
They also have a variety of facilities which students can enjoy year round.
- 12 classrooms
- Latest in Technology
- Study Centre
- Large Student Lounge
- Free Magazines and Newspapers
- Coffee Machines
- Table Tennis
- Prayer Room
- Free Wifi
Mirella Rocha, Brazil.
“I know I made the best choice possible by studying at Elicos. In such a short time my English has improved dramatically, and I have now managed to achieve the IELTS band score of 6.5 I required to enter university. All of the teachers at Elicos are native-English speakers, who gave me the clearest possible direction to develop my accuracy and proficiency in the English language. In addition to my coursework, I also attended daily IELTS and conversation classes, which give me the confidence and fluency I needed. I am extremely grateful to Elicos for helping me get to where I wanted to be!”
Aimi Matshushita, Japan.
“Elicos teachers are so helpful and friendly. They do their best to make sure you are always improving and genuinely care about all of us. I made friends with other students from all over the world. I recommend Elicos to anyone who is thinking of traveling to Malaysia.”
Jean Baptiste, France.
“I joined Elicos in November 2016, I started with basic English and now I feel like I have improved greatly. I came to Malaysia specifically to study English and I’m very happy I found Elicos.”
Olzhas Omarov, Kazakhstan.
“I was happy to come to Elicos, when I came to Elicos I couldn’t believe I could learn English, after 1 month I was able to ask questions and speak with others in English. Elicos teachers are very funny and kind, they are like a family. You have to be brave to learn English, don’t be shy.”
Nemer Al Maghrabi, Syria.
“Elicos Malaysia was my home away from home! I loved the environment and atmosphere there. I was given the pleasure of meeting people from different parts of the world, they became my family and friends, people who I shared my feelings and experiences with teachers, there are so friendly and approachable that you can become good friends with them! The teachers and all the staff soon become your family as they are always ready to lend a helping hand and attend to your needs. I highly recommend Elicos Malaysia to everyone!”
- Kuala Lumpur is a developed, modern, cosmopolitan city. There are food choices (halal and non-halal) from around the world.
- Education and livings cost are at around a third of the price in comparison to first-world countries.
- Malaysia is a safe country with a year-round summer. Malaysia was ranked as the fifth safest country in the Asia Pacific region, coming after New Zealand, Japan, Australia, and Singapore. Overall, 29th safest country to live in the world.
- Malaysia is a multi-ethnic nation, so English is widely used. Whilst being a Muslim country, there are many other religions practiced and there is harmony between the different races and beliefs of Malaysians and foreigners.
- The standard of education in Malaysia is very high as foreign university campuses are already set up here.
- The education system is closely monitored by the local ministry as Malaysia sees itself becoming a centre of excellence for higher education.
• Duration: 80 hours • Skill level: All levels • Language: English • Assessments: Self-Assessment
Curriculum: 1. Lecture 1.1: Grammar + Speaking 2. Lecture 1.2: Grammar + Listening 3. Lecture 1.3: Writing + Speaking 4. Lecture 1.4: Reading + Vocabulary 5. Lecture 1.5: Review + Quiz 6. Lecture 1.6:...
Elicos proven method allows students to start their preparation for the challenging exam from a pre-intermediate level. By integrating IELTS preparation into our curriculum gives students the familiar...