Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun
+605 249 0500
+605 249 0503
About Quest International University Perak
QUEST INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY PERAK (QIUP) is a private and comprehensive research-led university established under the Higher Educational Institutions Act 555 and owned by Global Integrated Training Associates Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Blair Education Services Sdn. Bhd) in the State of Perak, Malaysia on 12th June 2008 in which the State Government of Perak has equity participation along with the QI Group. At QIUP, we believe that planting the seeds of curiosity in students from the beginning will inspire them to make ‘knowledge-seeking’ their quest in life.
As a private comprehensive university, students are our top priority. To engage the students and instill in them the hunger of knowledge, we believe in blending theory and practice in education. We ensure that our programmes are industry-relevant using motivational teaching methods which are highly effective. QIUP graduates will emerge from the University as florets leaving the plant, ready for the job market and will continue their quest to seek and learn.
At QIUP, we focus not just on academics but also on instilling students with the “green” concept, where love for the environment and the community is nurtured amongst them. All QIUP graduates will grow to become well-rounded citizens with an excellent education and a caring heart not just for other fellow humans but for the environment and Earth as well.
The University aspires to be a model research-led private university with global strategic linkages oriented to deliver quality programmes and interdisciplinary research of international standing.
- To offer cutting-edge, market-driven undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the Medical and Allied Health Sciences, Pure and Applied Sciences, Engineering, Computer Technology, Business and Management, and Social Sciences fields that impact the local and global knowledge-economy
- To promote research and innovation in frontier disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas of study in its various programmes with collaborative links to premier universities and centres of excellence
- To promote student-centred learning and impart holistic education through extracurricular activities and soft skills training, including clinical/industrial exposure and technopreneurship training
- To be an outward-looking university that works closely with all segments of community and industry and thereby serve as a geographical focal point for socio-economic development of the State
- QIUP is committed to international standards of excellence in scholarship and research and maintains the education quality to be on par with universities around the world.
- QIUP understands the importance of independent learning, creativity, communication skills, team spirit, respect for diversity, and leadership, and continuously strives to instill these in students through its holistic educational approach in all its academic programmes.
- Students will learn through involvement in real-life work situations, as every course will be hands-on and relevant to the working world with the students additionally sensitized to handling diversity and change.
- QIUP’s benchmarked programme with outcome-based curricula and well entrenched quality control measures in teaching, research and student assessment will ensure that its graduates are competent and innovative and find unrivalled acceptance in the global marketplace.
21st Century Campus
- Plans are already underway to construct its main campus at Bandar Meru Raya, Ipoh. The construction of Quest International University Perak’s permanent campus is targeted to take off in the first quarter of 2016. This was confirmed by the developer of Qi City, Green Venture Capital (GVC). QIUP is one the main components of Qi City development.
QIUP’s 3 Pillars
- Student Tracking System – A unique system whereby students’ academic progress is monitored in real time in order to monitor performance of the students.
- Centralised Academic Depository (CAD) – An inventory of lecture notes kept in a depository and are accessible by all lecturers to ensure consistency in teaching.
- English Enhancement Programme – To ensure students English language proficiency is at an acceptable level to help them understand lectures and help them be prepared to enter the working world when they graduate.
The premises are fully air-conditioned and operate under the surveillance of high technology Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV). The facilities include the following:
- Fully-equipped Science and Medical laboratories
- State-of-the-Art Computer Labs
- Well stocked Library
- Lecture Rooms and Seminar Rooms
- Sports Centre
- Student Affairs Division, Counselling Unit, International Students Office and Sports and Recreational Clubs
- Student accommodation is provided at Alpine Village, Sunway City – transportation is provided to and from the campus
QIUP Hostel is the accommodation for students who yearn to experience living independently as a young adult in a secured condominium environment. Nestled in the plush greenery of Tambun hills, students will have the option of staying in a Single or Twin-sharing room, with 4 or 6 occupants to a unit.
QIUP Hostel is not just an accommodation but also a safe place for its students to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle. Besides 24-hour security surveillance, transportation is also provided to shuttle students between the residence and the city campus which is just a 15 minutes ride. There is no need to worry regarding access to the Internet as residents can remain connected via the common Wi-Fi room for their studies, discussions and research purposes.
All rooms and units are furnished with the necessary equipment for students to live comfortably. We also have installed a security check-in point outside each unit to ensure the QIUP appointed security personnel will make their rounds every hour to ensure safety.
Students can apply for the scholarships but the University reserves the right to decide on the scholarship.
Perak-born students can apply for the following State Government Loans:
- Foundation in Science – RM5,000 per year
- Foundation in Business – RM5,000 per year
- Non-science based degree programme – RM6,000 per year
- Science based programme – RM6,500 per year
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery – RM15,000 per year
Malaysian students may apply for the government study loan, Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN), for their degree studies.
Students can apply for financial assistance from banks, EPF and other sponsoring bodies.
QS Global University Rankings:
Asian University Rank: