Putra Nilai, Negeri Sembilan
71800 Putra Nilai
+606 7989 300
About Manipal International University
Manipal International University (MIU), a member of the Manipal Global Education Group, is a full-fledged Malaysian university offering multidisciplinary programs with a focus in the fields of Science, Engineering and Management & Business.
The Manipal Education Group has been responsible for producing some of the brightest minds in Asia for the past 60 years. The Group has a network of six campuses and affiliations with 30 universities worldwide.
Building on the success of the Melaka Manipal Medical College in Malaysia, the Manipal Education Group brings its multidisciplinary expertise to Malaysia through MIU.
To produce socially conscious, competent, innovative and confident human capital for the 21st century – in abundance.
- Provide a world-class academic experience to learners
- Strive to excel
- Ensure holistic development of the individual
- Explore opportunities to collaborate and synergise with the best universities across the world to develop a world-class institution
- Create programs that are aligned with the economic development of Malaysia and the region
- Establish lasting industry relationships for a mutually beneficial solution
- Learn the best practices of top universities around the world.
S – Students’ education experience will be the highest priority for MIU and its constituents.
L – Leadership skills engrained at MIU today will make our students tomorrow’s leaders for Malaysia and the countries they come from.
I – Integrity will be the hallmark of MIU personnel.
F – Fairness in all transactions and transparency over expediency.
E – Excellence in education and all the processes surrounding the delivery and measurement with respect to all stakeholders.
Manipal International University degrees are approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and Ministry of Higher Education.
As Malaysia is part of the Washington Accord and MIU being a Malaysian University, our Engineering programs are recognised by the signatory members of this Accord. Established in 1989, the signatories to this accord as of 2013 are Australia, Canada, Chinese Taipei, China, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Graduates of accredited programs in any of the signatory countries are recognised by the other signatory countries as certified bona-fide engineers.
The Engineering programs in MIU are also approved by the Engineering Accreditation Council.
MIU is also awarded a partner for the Industry Centre of Excellence in Biotechnology by the Ministry of Education Malaysia.
The curriculum at MIU is designed to meet the global standards. Infused with innovation and entrepreneurial skills, the syllabus exposes students to practical knowledge and relevant industry developments.
- MIU-MIB Partnership to Develop Culinary Professionals to be Business Savvy Entrepreneurs.
- GlobalNxt University is a pioneering academic institution that delivers degree programmes through unique online global classroom pedagogy. The partnership between MIU and GlobalNxt will enable visits and exchanges of faculty and administrative personnel, joint research collaborations, and development of programmes and educational materials between both parties.
- Edinburgh Napier University (ENU) is one of the largest higher education institutions in Scotland, UK with almost 18,000 students from 109 countries. The university has 9 institutes of Research and Innovation.
- The University of Leicester is a leading UK University committed to international excellence through the creation of world changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching. Leicester is the most socially inclusive of Britain’s top-20 leading universities.
- Northern Arizona University (NAU) is a public university located in Flagstaff, Arizona and has 36 satellite campuses in the state of Arizona. NAU is ranked 78th on Forbes Magazine’s “America’s Best Public Colleges” list.
- Manipal University provides the finest in education to over 20,000 students every year. It also has an active alumni base of over 72,000 students across the world. MU and MIU established an academic partnership of transfer programme between course/curriculum delivered by the International Centre of Applied Sciences (ICAS) at MU and the School of Science and Engineering at MIU. This partnership will also contribute to collaboration in the period of 5 years and to explore other avenues for possible cooperation between MU and MIU.
- Kaziranga University (KU) offers state-of-the-art education and research relevant to market needs. MIU and KU signed an international partnership that facilitates exchange of learning, faculty and students for the school of engineering and business. Under this programme, students of KU will get the opportunity to study in MIU and experience the international and holistic education that we are offering.
- SUNY Plattsburgh is a public institution. SUNY Plattsburgh is a residential campus, located in a small city. SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury is a branch campus, offering selected undergraduate and graduate programs. SUNY Plattsburgh’s ranking in the 2014 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities (North), 81.
- North Dakota State University is distinctive as a student-focused, land-grant, Research University, ranked by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education among the top 108 public and private universities in the country. NDSU is in the elite category of “Research Universities/Very High Research Activity,” with several programs ranked in the Top 100 by the National Science Foundation. NDSU is fully accredited as an institution by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- Deakin University is one of Australia’s leading universities with campuses located in Burwood (Melbourne), Geelong Waterfront, Waurn Ponds & Warrnambool. Deakin is ranked 59 in the world in the Times Higher Education Top 100 Universities under 50 years of age rankings (2014). Deakin today has over 47,000 students of whom 17% are international students from over 127 countries. Deakin was awarded a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). The rating indicates that the university is considered to be world-class in a broad range of areas, has cutting-edge facilities and is internationally renowned for its research and teaching.
- The TA Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) is one of India’s foremost Postgraduate schools in Management. Through this collaboration, MIU’s MBA students will have access to TAPMI resources and expertise for their Capstone project and will have the opportunity to learn from visiting lecturers from TAPMI.
- The Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) is recognised as one of the Top 20 Engineering schools in the US. The 2012 U.S. News & World Report ranked MSOE 19th “Best University in the Midwest”. In 2012, Forbes.com included MSOE on its list of America’s Top Colleges, which includes the top nine percent of colleges and universities in the country.
- Manipal International University, Malaysia & SIRIM Berhad have entered into Collaboration on 7 October 2013 for a period of 2 years to encourage Engineering students to enter into industrial training.
Expanded Network of International Academic Partners
Besides the above listed universities, Manipal Group of institutions have collaborations with over 30 prestigious universities in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, UK and USA giving the students at MIU a variety of opportunities to explore.
- Daekin University Queensland University Of Technology
- University Of New South Wales
- Flinders University
- University Of Technology, Sydney
- Australian National University
- Rmit University
- Queens University
- Hof University of Applied Science
- University of Applied Sciences Landshut
- University of Applied Sciences Rosenheim
- Kempten University of Applied Sciences
United Kingdom (UK)
- City university London
- Lancaster University
- Leicester University
- University of Nottingham
- Edinburgh Napier University
United States of America (USA)
- Andrews University
- Illnois Institute of Technology
- RUSS College of Engineering
- Milwaukee School of Engineering
- St Cloud State University Minnesota
- University of Missouri, Kansas City
- North Dakota State University (Fargo)
- University of Miami, Florida
- Polytechnic University, NY, Buffalo
- Michigan Technological University
- University of Illinois at urbana Champaign
- State University of New York, Buffalo
- University of South Alabama
MIU partners with various organisations so that students are aligned with industry requirements and are job ready professionals from day one.
The students get an opportunity to participate in internship and graduate employment programs at Biocon.
Biocon will also be actively involved in curriculum development and training at MIU. The Biocon manufacturing and R&D facility in Iskandar, Malaysia is being set up with an investment of over RM 500 million and will be operational in 2014.
Manipal Education Malaysia and Scomi Group Bhd have entered into a collaboration to boost engineering students’ capabilities and competencies for the oil and gas (O&G) service industry.
Besides industry consultation on syllabus development aimed at enhancing relevant competencies and soft skills to better equip undergraduates for potential employment with Scomi.
The academic-industry partnership outlines the creation of an internship program and graduate employment program.
Manipal International University, Malaysia & SIRIM Berhad have entered into a collaboration to encourage Engineering students to enter into Industrial Training
Centre for Foundation and Language Studies
The Centre for Foundation and Language Studies, was established in 2011. The objective is to prepare candidates for admission into the Bachelor’s degree programs of the university.
The Centre for Foundation and Language Studies is the leading department in Manipal International University which offers:
- Foundation in Business Studies
- Foundation in Engineering
- Foundation in Science
- English Enhancement Program
After the completion of their foundation programs, the students are eligible to acquire further degrees in their respective areas at the university.
School of Management and Business
Degrees in Business and Management are among the most popular courses among students. Fortunately, universities have sought to match demand with plenty of courses. These degrees focus on how organisations operate – what they do, their styles of management and their business strategies. Marketing degrees look more closely at understanding consumer behaviour – from understanding the psychology of advertising, to developing a grasp of how the economic climate impacts particular sectors
The School of Management & Business at MIU prepares young men and women to become entrepreneurial, innovative and socially engaged leaders. Globalisation, social media and the rapid growth of mobile technologies have created new challenges as well as opportunities for business. Businesses need to remain relevant in a fast-paced and often turbulent economic environment; thriving in this climate requires talent as well as profound knowledge and skills related to various aspects of managing and leading organisations. SOMB aims at creating this talent among young generation.
These technological, economic and social paradigm shifts, therefore, demand new approaches to business education. The School of Management & Business integrates the latest developments in curricular and pedagogical research into its programs. There is a diverse range of courses, each with a different emphasis or specialization.
School of Science and Engineering
The School of Science and Engineering (SoSE) in MIU was established in 2011. It focusses on developing industry-ready professionals with technical competencies, and entrepreneurial mind-set. The School was build along the guidelines set by the Washington Accord, and the India-quality requirements of Manipal Global Education (MaGE).
Engineering degrees are approved by the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) and Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). As Malaysia is part of the Washington Accord and MIU being a Malaysian University, our Engineering programs are recognised by the signatory members of this Accord which includes 14 other countries (US, UK, Australia, Canada, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa, Turkey, Korea, Ireland, Hong Kong and Chinese Taipei).All program curriculums are designed to facilitate higher education in Malaysia and abroad.
The 21st century requirements for engineers regarding sustainability, green technology, energy efficient and working with environment are incorporated in the syllabi. The Outcome Base Education (OBE) and Open Learning concept is adopted while designing this syllabi.
The School of Science and Engineering (SoSE) at MIU offers the following programs:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Electronics Engineering (Communication) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
A large, lush green campus, ultra-modern facilities and highly trained and motivated staff and faculty ensure that each and every student at MIU grows both academically and personally.
The university constantly strives to make an environment where Education meets Fun! The university encourages students to participate in various extra-curricular activities, including dance, yoga, bowling, fussball etc., and a large new sports complex will be inaugurated soon.
Students from different parts of the world can get a flavor of home at the lavish campus cafeteria, which serves global cuisine. Another cafeteria is expected to be launched in June.
The constantly updated central library and multi-disciplinary labs & workshops ensure that academic rigour is never compromised. The university seeks to nurture budding scholars not just through theory, but also actual engagement and practical experiences.
Put simply, at MIU, we believe that you deserve the best!
The Manipal Group has built several centres of excellence for research and innovation at its campuses in India and abroad. This network has established hubs for cutting-edge research and innovation in emerging subjects like Nanotechnology, Wireless Networks and Nuclear Engineering, to name just a few.
The research activities across various institutes of the University Network are facilitated through state-of-the-art innovation centres and inter-disciplinary labs. Be it in engineering, medicine, pharmaceuticals or life sciences, students and staff at every Manipal Group Institute are involved in path-breaking innovation projects that impact society. The focus on innovation also ensures that students have access to the best research infrastructure and expert guidance.
Research Credentials of Manipal Group Institutions
- 16.88 Cr. INR worth of research grants to drive inter-disciplinary research and innovation
- 30 Patents filed
- 330+ research projects
- 100+ industry and Government tie-ups
Some of the Innovations by students of Manipal Group Institutions
- Wireless Foetal Heartbeat Monitor
- Pain Relieving Instrument
- Implantable Drug Delivery Device
- Solar Mobile
- Design for Earthquake Resistant Structures
International Collaborations at MIU
- Biocon Malaysia
- Scomi Group Bhd
- Malaysian Institute of Baking
- SIRIM Berhad
QS Global University Rankings:
Asian University Rank: