Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
50350 Kuala Lumpur
About Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University College
Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University College (KLMUC) is a university college located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was established in 1991. The College currently offers over 50 programmes in 6 distinctive faculties.
The degree and diploma courses are accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University College (KLMUC) is a progressive and innovative higher learning institution with 6 distinctive faculties offering over 45 programmes. Established in 2006, KLMUC currently offers Foundation, Diploma, Degree and MBA programmes that inculcate ‘Real World Practice’ as a pathway to professional success. KLMUC also prides itself in continuously developing relevant programmes to meet students’ needs. The academic programmes, are developed through close consultation with business and industry partners, the public sector and professionals.
KLMUC has a reputation for providing real world practice with a diversified curriculum to meet the market demand. The range of academic programmes are fully approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (formerly LAN).
Our curriculum is carefully designed specifically to meet the latest industry needs. Our real world practice environment emphasizes on developing intellectual achievement, providing practical training and building personal values to create critical-thinking graduates.
We understand that ultimately, intellectual achievement combined with experiential learning must lead to employability. With the birth of KLMUC, Cosmopoint students from nationwide campuses have a clear pathway upon completion of their Diploma to complete a Degree at the Kuala Lumpur main campus.
Our philosophy of Real World Practice reflects the learning environment that emphasizes intellectual achievement, practical experience and employability. Students at KLMUC are nurtured within a multi-cultural environment to prepare them for a successful future. The university invested millions of Ringgit to ensure that the students are familiar with modern technology and equipment to prepare them for the real world
1- Established Institution – Government Linked
Institution owned by a Government Linked Company
- KLMUC or better known as Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University College is part of Cosmopoint Group , a household name in the local education industry with more than 24 years of experience
- In March 2012, Cosmopoint Group was acquired by Ekuiti Nasional Berhad – a government-linked private equity firm established in 2009 mandated to promote equitable and sustainable Bumiputera economic participation in six (6) different sectors namely Education, Oil & Gas, Services, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Healthcare and Retail & Leisure
- Ekuinas strongly believes in empowering young talents through education and through its commitment, Ekuinas has established ILMU Education Group which is the holding company set up to manage all four (4) education institutions under Ekuinas.
2- Real World Practice
Practical elements incorporated in all subjects
- Programmes are designed to meet industry needs where syllabuses are uniquely structured to incorporate practical elements through students activities such as laboratory, studio, media exposure, site visits, kitchen exercises, forums, events and other usage of real-world technologies – depending on discipline
- Students learn practical skills that are immediately applicable in the workforce
- Through the subjects, students are able to experience the real working life while studying
3- Strong Industry Links
Programmes in partnership with the industry to ensure relevance of teaching
- Programmes in KLMUC are structured to blend theory with practice to prepare students for the real world through
- Outside class activities including forums and events
- Practical training for at least one (1) semester in each programme
- Sharing of ideas with guest lecturers and industry icons for exposure to the real world in their related fields
- Nurul Syuhada – respected broadcast journalist and producer for TV3. She is well-known for hosting the channel’s top-rated shows including ‘Nona’, ‘Majalah 3’ and ‘Malaysia Hari Ini’
- Halim Othman – Icon in the world of radio broadcasting, Halim has won numerous awards during his 15 years in the industry. He is well known for hosting ‘Roda Impian’ and has an inimitable presenting style that sets him apart from others
- Mohd Zulkifli – well-known for hosting TV3’s ‘Malaysia Hari Ini’ and popular as the film screenwriter for ‘Mamak Cupcake’ and ‘Showdown: The Movie’. He has diverse experience in media including print, electronic and digital.
4- Affordable Fees
Affordable education for a College in the city
- KLMUC programmes for Diploma and Degree are reasonable and affordable:
- Diploma Programme – RM24,000 – 2.5 Years (30 months) duration
- Degree Programme – RM38,000 3 years (36 months) duration
- Financial aid is also available:
- Pusat Zakat Negeri
5- MQA Certified Subjects
Learn with confidence
We offer programmes which are accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
6- Career Development
Graduates are groomed for work-force
- KLMUC has a special unit called Careers and Partners, which will assist students in preparing them for the real world including the development of their CV, interview skills and English language seminars. In addition, the unit also conducts Graduate Employability Seminars throughout the year
- Students have the opportunity to explore a special programme developed for Cosmopoint Group students under the D2D2J (Diploma–to-Degree-to-Job) programme, where students can complete their studies from Diploma to Degree and possibly work for one of the companies that has an MOU with Cosmopoint Group upon course completion.
7- New Metro Campus in the heart of Kuala Lumpur
Location Location Location
- Newly refurbished Metro campus in Menara Tun Mohd Ismail is located in the heart of KL – Jalan Raja Laut
- Accessible through public transportation (LRT, Monorail, Komuter)
- Close to amenities such as retail outlets and iconic shopping malls
- Students get to experience city living
- Campus is equipped with various facilities
- Student lounge
- Free Wi-Fi
- Learning spaces
- State-of-the-art computer lab with iMac and PCs complete with various software to assist students in their course work
- Auditorium, event space, art work space and many more
Faculty of Hospitality, Tourism & Wellness
The Faculty of Hospitality, Tourism & Wellness offers a list of industry relevant programmes covering culinary arts, pastry arts, tourism, hotel management, restaurant management, physiotherapy and occupational therapy – with many more courses to be developed in the future to meet the industry’s growing needs.
Faculty of Engineering & Information Technology
Faculty of Engineering at KLMUC offers skilled engineering courses in the areas of telecommunication technology and network technology as a platform for students to expand their horizon in the skilled-engineering field – with many other courses lined up to be introduced in the near future to meet the highly competitive industry needs.
Faculty of Design & Creativity
The Faculty of Design & Creativity offers a wide range of creative programmes. These programmes are divided into six areas of interest: Fashion, Product, Graphic, Multimedia, Interior and Architecture.
Faculty of Media Studies
The Faculty of Media Studies brings you the life and work experience in production, journalism and public relations. Our goal is to help students develop their skills and achieve their full potential in the course of study and their career, whether as a journalist, film maker or presenter.
Faculty of Management & Business Technology
The Faculty of Management and Business Technology provides education in the field of Management and Business. The courses are structured to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills especially in the field of marketing, administration, management, entrepreneurship, human resource management and accounting.
We facilitate learning experiences through new student orientation, leadership opportunities (Road to success programme series), Motivational (Rise above the rest programme series) and social activities (Fit for life programme series) and other services that promote personal growth and the empowerment of students for success in our diverse community and beyond it. Do check out our past and future student activities to know more about campus activities.
We are also responsible for the welfare of our students and manages any feedback pertaining to the University.
We aim to provide a transformative campus experience by nurturing intellectual, social, cultural and personal development.
International Student Office
International Student Office (ISO) offers a wide variety of services and programs to international students at Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University College. ISO provides information and programs to international students about the campus and community and provide support and assistance concerning visas and related immigration issues.
We aim at enhancing international students’ experience through enhance delivery service that are in line with rules and regulation set by the Government of Malaysia.
We deliver high quality of care to KLMUC student by providing a multitude of counselling and guidance services with strict confidentiality Including:
- Wellbeing education and promotion
- Personal development and counselling
- Mental health support
- Buddies/peers support programme
To provide guidance and support to our students in ensuring sound health, emotional and wellbeing development via counselling sessions and programmes.
Criteria for Karangkraf Scholarship
- Malaysian citizen, aged below 25 years.
- Excellent results in SPM (Minimum 8 credits), STPM / Matriculation / Diploma or equivalent of at least CGPA 3.00.
- Active in sports and extra-curricular activities.
- Good command of English, both written & verbal.
- Must not be bonded or receiving any financial aid or rewards from other educational organisations or institutions.
- Applicant is required to meet a minimum CGPA of 2.5 every semester to continue the scholarship.
Criteria for Yayasan Pendidikan Bistari Scholarship
- Malaysian citizen, aged below 25 years.
- High academic achievement(s).
- Active in extracurricular activities.
- Recommendation by the school principal or headmaster would be advantageous.
- 10As or more (full scholarship)
- 9As (75% rebate on tuition fees)
- 8As (50% rebate on tuition fees)
STPM / GCE A-Level
- 4As (full scholarship)
- 3As (75% rebate on tuition fees)
- 2As (50% rebate on tuition fees)
- 10As or more (full scholarship)
- 9As (75% rebate on tuition fees)
- 8As (50% rebate on tuition fees)
Applicant is required to meet a minimum CGPA of 3.70 every semester to continue the scholarship.
Criteria for MARA Loan
The Mara loan is open to BUMIPUTERA students only for the approved programmes as stated below:
- Diploma & Bachelor in Information Technology
- Diploma & Bachelor in Multimedia
- Diploma & Bachelor in Graphic Design
- Diploma & Bachelor in E-Business
- Diploma in Accounting
- Bachelor in Accounting & Finance
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Medical Imaging
- SPM – 5 credits including Bahasa Malaysia and Mathematics + 3 other subjects and a credit/pass in English Language
- STPM – 2 Principles (including Pengajian Am) and 2 subsit + SPM (credit in Bahasa Malaysia) or 3 principals (including Pengajian Am) + SPM (credit in Bahasa Malaysia)
- Diploma – CGPA > 2.5 and SPM (credit in Bahasa Malaysia) P-Full Pass, Subsit-Partial Pass
Criteria for PTPTN Loan
• Citizen of Malaysia
• Does not exceed 45 years of age on the date of application;
• Been offered a place at IPTA/ IPTS and Polytechnic by fulfilling entry requirements determined by the Ministry of
Education and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA);
• Programme pursued must have registration approval from the Ministry of Education;
• For IPTS students, programme pursued must have the Certificate of Accreditation from the MQA and still valid on the
date of application;
• For a student who has other qualifications, verification must be obtained from the department or agency as stated
• Remaining period of study at time of the application should not be less than one (1) year;
• Has no other sponsor(s); and
• Has opened SSPN account.
Criteria for Koperasi Ukhwah Loan
Secure the future of your loved ones and obtain their education at KLMUC with UKHWAH CASH-I financing.
- High loan amount at attractive and reasonable rates
- Up to 10 years loan period
- Overlapping loans accepted
- No guarantors/ deposits required
- Available for Government Employees, Statutory Bodies and selected GLCs.
Criteria for EPF Loan
- Malaysian Citizen; OR A Malaysian Citizen who has made Leaving The Country Withdrawal before 1 August 1995 and later opted to re-contribute to the EPF; OR
- A Non-Malaysian Citizen who:
- Has become an EPF member before 1 August 1998; OR
- Has obtained a Permanent Resident status (PR)
- Has not reached the age of 55 on the date the application is received by
- Having savings in EPF Account 2
Criteria for PERKESO Loan
Applicants can also be children of contributors who died while in employment because of injuries, or died before reaching their 55th birthday.
- The applicants must be below 21 years of age.
- Not married.
- Pursuing degree, diploma or certificate courses local University / Colleges recognised by MQA.For full terms and conditions.
Criteria for JPA Loan
- Malaysian citizen.
- Must be a first year college student (JPA wants the actual results).
- Not exceeding 25 years old upon application.
- Has not obtained any degree titles
- Parent / Sibling(s) / Applicant must not be bound to any (other) government’s loan schemes or scholarships.
- Parent / Sibling(s) / Applicant must not have any arrears (issues) or are blacklisted by any government’s loan schemes.
- Parent / Sibling(s) / Applicant must not have gone against any government’s scholarship contracts.
- At a time, only one member from a family can apply for this education loan. Family member of successful applicant will be given chance to apply this education loan if only if he or she (the successful applicant) has started the repayment of loan for at least 6 months.
- Selected programmes must also be recognised by JPA. To know if the respective programme has been accredited, visit the JPA Qualifcation Accrediation website
QS Global University Rankings:
Asian University Rank: