This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- High-quality undergraduate engineering education by providing students with a curriculum that is firmly grounded in electrical & electronic engineering fundamentals.
- A study in both the areas of electronics fundamentals as well as electrical power systems including the areas of generation, transmission and distribution of electrical energy.
- The technical skills required for the application in the fields of communication and the IT industry through a well balanced curriculum which includes the study of signals and computing.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Graduates of APU Bachelor of Engineering in their respective programs are expected within five years of graduation to attain the following programme educational objectives:
- Be working as a practicing professional engineer in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Have progressed in their Electrical and Electronics Engineering careers or other chosen profession and/or are engaged in advanced studies in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or other related fields.
An Electrical Engineer may be responsible for research, design , development, manufacturing and management of complex hardware and software systems and reliable, cost effective devices, many involving the use of new information and computer intensive technologies. These include:
- Integrated electronic systems
- Renewable energy systems
- Generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power
- Instrumentation in electrical and electronic systems
This programme is accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).